Volunteer Coordinating Internship
NOTE -- We are currently not taking Internship Applications.
The Volunteer Coordinating Intern will work with staff implementing our volunteer program for our 45,000 sq ft facility. This internship will allow interns to gain greater knowledge and understanding of the needs of creating and maintaining an efficient volunteer program with in a expanding non-profit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The intern will assist in the management of volunteers and will facilitate an orientation for new volunteers.
- Make addition to volunteer supplies improving efficiency.
- Take part in volunteer recruitment, screening, orientation, training, motivation, retention, and recognition.
- Keep track of hours and bonus.
- Marketing volunteer program.
- Update Facebook page and/or additional medias.
- Create e-mailers to interested Field Volunteers.
- Participate in volunteer evaluation process.
- Conduct scheduled volunteer meeting and assist with on going training.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter.
- Works under the general supervision of the Volunteer and Internship Coordinator
- Friendly and very outgoing
- Ability to manage individuals of all ages
- Ability to handle conflict and various personalities
- In College or Recent College Graduate
- Competition of 120 Hours or more
- Completion of Final Project
- The Volunteer Service Interns will be required to complete a project approved by The Living Planet Aquarium Volunteer Coordinator as well as write a paper on the project and/or give a short PowerPoint presentation
- The Living Planet Aquarium Application
- Cover Letter
The Living Planet Aquarium
Whether you have 1 hour, 1 day or an entire lifetime, we have a volunteer position for you!