Do I need a science background to volunteer at the Aquarium?
No, but we would prefer that you have a science interest!
How may I monitor the progress of my application?
Once we have decided we would make a good team, you will be contacted for an interview. Your patience in this process is greatly appreciated. Not all applicants will be contacted.
Are all volunteer candidates accepted?
The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium is a world-class institution that receives a high volume of volunteer applications. Unfortunately, we cannot offer positions to every applicant.
After I have been accepted into the volunteer program, what is the next step?
You will be given times/dates for volunteer orientation. This exciting day includes the history of the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, a review of policies/procedures, some paperwork, facts and information about the aquarium and our animals, a behind-the-scenes tour, guest service training, and your volunteer uniform.
Do I have to wear a uniform?
Yes, a shirt with a lanyard and black pants.
Why is there a fee to volunteer?
$20 will be collected to cover the cost of your shirt and background check. This one-time, non-refundable fee compares with other, world-class institutions around the state and country.
What are the additional prerequisites to become a volunteer SCUBA Diver?
· 18 years or older
· Minimum of 50 logged dives, OR:
o Minimum of 25 logged dives
o Advanced OW certification
o Perfect Buoyancy certification
· Stress & Rescue certification
· CPR/1st Aid/Oxygen/AED certified
· Current physical exam/medical evaluation
· Conduct a checkout dive (if unknown to LLPA)
Please note that we do not need Volunteer Support Divers at this time. Updates coming soon.
How do I get started?
To apply for a volunteer position, please review the following criteria. If you can agree to all of the below items, click the "I Agree" button to access the online application.
- I am at least 16 years or older, or I am at least 14 and an adult guardian will volunteer with me
- I am a U.S. citizen, or hold a current work visa, student visa or green card
- I am dependable and will adhere to all LLPA policies
- I will commit to at least 60 hours per year, just 5 hours a month
- I will attend orientation, trainings and team meetings
- I am willing to pay $20.00 (non-refundable) for a shirt, background screening and filing fee
- Volunteering is an unpaid position